"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." - La Rochefoucauld

.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Honest Scrap Award

My first blog award! Thanks Angie from Angie's Healthy Living.


As a recipient of this prestigious honor, I have to share 10 random things about myself and then pass the award along to 10 other bloggers! Yes, it's a chain letter type thing, but it's fun and I am happy to have received it.

10 Random Things About Me

1. I have a Chihuahua mix puppy named Lady.
2. My favorite TV show of all time is Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
3. I am a firm believer in the power of garlic.
4. I lived in Brazil for almost a year to learn Portuguese, my mother's native tongue.
5. I am currently reading The Magician's Elephant, even though I am partway through The Road.
6. I recently lost my copy of The Road.
7. As a kid, I was terrified of that big flying dog from Neverending Story -- and hated the movie.
8. I prefer white wine to red.
9. I am a grammar junkie.
10. My favorite fruit is raspberries.

And the Honest Scrap Awards go to...

Auggie at Auggie's Doggie Bloggie
Karen at Bright Autumn Sun
Kevin at Closet Cooking
Melissa at the Frugal Gourmom
Lazaro at Lazaro Cooks!
Lisa at Lisa's Kitchen
Laura at Hey, What's for Dinner, Mom?
Mary at One Perfect Bite
Christine at Fresh and Local Best
Aubree from Living Free

I can't wait to see who responds!

6 comments:

  1. Your welcome! I think it is funny that I am the opposite of you on 7,8, and 10. That was one of my fave movies as a kid!, love red!, And hate raspberries! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Juliana! I will try to respond when I get a chance. Busy these days I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juliana, congratulations on your well deserved award. I also want you to know how much I appreciate being among the group you are passing it on to. Thank you. Have a fabulous weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juliana,

    Thank you very much for thinking of us. I truly feel it is an honor when a fellow blogger appreciates what you do.

    On behalf of Nancy & myself we really appreciate it.

    Have a great weekend

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Thank you Juliana! I am so looking forward to seeing you again next month, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe in garlic, am a grammar junkie and recently started reading The Road too. It looks like we have a few things in common.

    ReplyDelete