"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." - La Rochefoucauld

.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Herb Burgers


These burgers are juicy, and the vegetables and seasoning make it a more interesting meal! If you want to change it up even more, you can top the burgers with Monterey Jack cheese and sour cream.

I wasn't not really sure what to call the recipe. Herb Burger doesn't really cover it, but it's the best I could come up with. Any ideas for a better recipe title? I'd love to hear it!

Herb Burgers

Servings: 4
Total Cost: $6 - 8
Reheat Factor: 3/5 -- Like most burgers, it's better the first day.
Freezer Factor: Unknown. I've never frozen a burger.

Ingredients
(1 Not in Pantry)


1 pound ground beef (I use ground sirloin.)
1 medium tomato diced
1/2 cup black olives diced
1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon Dijon-mustard
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
salt/pepper
4 hamburger buns

1. Mix all ingredients.
2. Form mixture into 4 patties.
3. Grill about 4 minutes per side.

2 comments:

  1. Saw your profile on another page. Glad I read your blog. Look forward to following you here. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete